The X band GEM ASX-2101/HVC • 1901A/HVC Series is designed for VTS and coastal surveillance purposes.
It is based on slotted waveguide aerials to allow high azimuth discrimination through its narrow horizontal beamwidth and high gain.
Its most outstanding feature is the capability to operate with horizontal, vertical or circular polarizations remotely switched by the operator in order to accommodate differing operational philosophies.
As it can be configured with a variable speed facility, it can be quite readily adapted to practically any X-band transceiver and display system.
Using a heavy-duty, 3000 Watt electric motor coupled indirectly to the antenna shaft, these antennas offer no-stop performance even in presence of windgusts.
- Remotely switchable polarization (horizontal, vertical, circular)
- High azimuth discrimination
- Compliant to IALA V-128, 2007, tab. 5.5
- Functionality 24 h for 360 day/night all-weather conditions.
- Can be remotely driven to select different rotation rates
- Can interface different GEM elettronica radar transceivers
- Maintenance free
- Compact aspect
The antenna system series ASX-2101/HVC • ASX-1901A/HVC is targeted to top-ranked applications, such as:
- Vessel Traffic System (VTS), Vessel Traffic Management & Information Systems (VTMIS)
- Coastal Surveillance & Security
- Surface Movement Guidance Control System (SMGCS)
- Homeland Security
GEM elettronica offers a complete range of high-gain antennas in both X, S and Ka band designed for naval vessels, coastal/harbour surveillance and Airport Surface Movement and Guidance Control (SMGC) systems.
GEM elettronica has developed different versions of these antennas to satisfy diverse applications. In particular, GEM elettronica’s down-mast antennas provide high-reliability operations in all-weather conditions and are delivered with a complete pedestal inclusive of electro-mechanical drive unit, rotary joints and tilt. Thanks to their superior mechanical design, GEM elettronica’s antennas eliminate the “backlash” problem and deliver an extremely precise bearing data.