The GEM elettronica ASX-2110 • ASX-1910 Series is the answer to most demanding requirements of high-performances of radar detection of surface targets.
Designed for top-ranked vessel traffic management, coastal surveillance and security airport traffic movement, its inverse square-cosecant vertical beam distributes the RF energy so as to allow constant radar detection of surface targets.
Despite its length the array is completely free from “sagging” at its extremities, meaning that RF propagation is undistorted.
Moreover, the design of these antennas practically eliminates the antenna “backlash” so that the bearing data is extremely precise. Horizontal or circular polarization can be implemented at customer’s choice.
- High azimuth discrimination
- Inverse square cosecant coverage
- Compliant to IALA V-128, 2007,tab. 5.5, Adv. Rec. level
- Functionality 24 h for 360 day/night all-weather conditions
- Can be remotely driven to select different rotation rates
- Can interface different GEM elettronica radar transceivers
- Maintenance free (MTBF more that 60000 h)
The antenna system series ASX-2110/1910 is targeted to top-ranked applications, such as:
- Vessel Traffic System (VTS), Vessel Traffic Management & Information Systems (VTMIS)
- Coastal Surveillance & Security
- Surface Movement Guidance Control System (SMGCS)
- Homeland Security
GEM elettronica offers a complete range of high-gain antennas in both X, S and Ka band designed for naval vessels, coastal/harbour surveillance and Airport Surface Movement and Guidance Control (SMGC) systems.
GEM elettronica has developed different versions of these antennas to satisfy diverse applications. In particular, GEM elettronica’s down-mast antennas provide high-reliability operations in all-weather conditions and are delivered with a complete pedestal inclusive of electro-mechanical drive unit, rotary joints and tilt. Thanks to their superior mechanical design, GEM elettronica’s antennas eliminate the “backlash” problem and deliver an extremely precise bearing data.