NAVAL / COASTAL SURFACE & AIR SURVEILLANCE
3D RADAR SYSTEM
COLUMBUS MK3 is a compact and advanced radar system featuring short to medium-range air and surface target surveillance along with weapon systems target designation.
PDF Request - Email
- It is a 3D multi-mission radar purposely designed for coastal surveillance and shipborne applications;
- Offers outstanding performance in coastal and maritime domain in surveillance and tracking of surface and short range air targets, specially fast and low-flying aircraft, helo and UAV with limited installation requirements;
- In shipborne installations, fulfills the role of secondary search radar for large-medium combatant ships and of primary search radar for ship classes like corvettes and Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV);
- Provides reliable final approach and decking assistance for helo during day or night operations even in critical weather conditions;
- Provided with anticlutter and ECCM capabilities giving a significant contribution to tactical situational awareness;
- It is designed and evaluated in compliance with MIL-STD regulation;
- The antenna unit with embedded transceiver is connected to the below deck processing units through fiber optic link.