GEM elettronica will exhibit its innovative Tactical Digital Table called SMW-100 during NAVDEX 2023.
SMW-100 is a General situation workstation based on an IMO ECDIS certified software with the additional package managing Warship specific functionalities specially designed for naval and submarine applications.
The new System architecture is composed by the following updates:
- Ruggedized 55”, 4K screen display.
- Wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Interface unit for on board sensor integration.
- Radar interface for video overlay.
The WORKSTATION ensures all typical functions required by the IMO Performance Standard for ECDIS.
Moreover, it provides additional features to support navigation in Military unit contexts where is required to operate under the relevant NATO STANAG.
Therefore, it complies with STANAG 4564 and 7170 standards in addition to the Type Approval as certified ECDIS received by DNV.
The WORKSTATION implements the standard ECDIS map formats S-57 and S-63 and manages and displays AML and DNC cartography and weather maps in GRIB format.
It can interface with other systems on board through both serial or Ethernet connections.
The tactical table of GEM elettronica is characterized in the market by the modular mechanics that facilitates installation in restricted environments, such as submarines.
Moreover, it has evolved with the following specific features required by our major international customers, such as:
- Managing of alarms for Water Space Management.
- Managing of NATO standard grids such as 2W, 4W and CGRS to assist military naval forces in joint exercises or patrols.
- Managing of SAR plans provided for in IAMSAR Vol III to coordinate search and rescue at sea.
- Managing of “Moving Haven” areas manually or automatically by decoding the SUBNOTE files to coordinate the movements of own naval and submarine units avoiding collisions / interferences.
Come to our stand C-003 to check the potential of our SMW100