Over 40 years of commitment in navigation safety and awareness
- GEM elettronica was founded in 1977 with the mission of designing, producing and supporting innovative and cost-effective naval radar and on-board integrated systems for maritime surveillance and safety of navigation.
- GEM elettronica operates principally as Prime Contractor, distinguishing itself for the ability of meeting requirements of all customers for both small- and large-scale systems thanks to its emerging technologies and capability in providing excellent cost/performance solutions.
- GEM elettronica has extensive experience in finding optimal and innovative engineering solutions to different customer’s needs.
- GEM elettronica mission is to offer state-of-the-art sensors / systems for maritime navigation and coastal / border surveillance, as well as to apply diversified and modern technologies to emerging operational requirements
- Today, the company also offers integrated systems, inertial sensors and software dedicated to maritime navigation and in support of Homeland Security missions for coastal, airports and ports surveillance.
- GEM elettronica develops electronic maritime systems with high technological content while carrying out internally all its own R&D activities in the fields of maritime electronics, electro-optics, laser and crypto information.
- GEM elettronica has positioned itself as a primary European player in the field of photonics by offering products to its customers and industry partners with sophisticated and innovative technology at competitive costs, including fiber-optic gyro (FOG), active lasers and inertial navigation systems.
More than 60 highly skilled engineers are involved in the design of new, state-of-the-art products in collaboration with the National Research Center (CNR), universities, and various research institutes for: hardware, software and mechanical design.
Fiber Optic Gyro, Attitude and Heading Measurement Systems, Range Finder. Surveillance and Telemetry Systems, Active Laser Illuminator, Identification and Night Vision Systems, Ring Laser Gyro, Inertial Navigation Systems.
The Production Plant includes circuit boards mounting, equipment assembly, and final test areas.
GEM elettronica has established a far-field test range facility consisting of a radiating RF transmitter and receiving antenna. The two sites are set in clear view at 6km distance from each other therefore allowing for precise and comprehensive testing of antennas and RF transmitters.
Having proven itself capable of fulfilling this mission repeatedly in the long term, GEM elettronica has risen to become one of Italy’s leading defense electronics companies. From its beginnings in navigation radar, the Company today supplies an extensive, diverse range of electronic equipment to many of the world’s countries. GEM elettronica knows how to deliver reliable electronics systems that exceed performance specifications. And it knows how to do this on time and at contained costs.