NAVAL / COASTAL
SURFACE & AIR SURVEILLANCE
3D RADAR SYSTEM
COLUMBUS is a compact and advanced radar system featuring short to medium-range air and surface target surveillance along with weapon systems target designation.
Developed from proven and state-of-the-art technologies, COLUMBUS utilizes an extremely lightweight antenna with reduced electrical power consumption and very high reliability.
- COLUMBUS is a truly 3D multi-mission radar purposely designed for coastal surveillance and shipborne applications;
- COLUMBUS offers outstanding performance in coastal and maritime domain in surveillance and tracking of surface and short range air targets, specially fast and low-flying aircraft, helo and UAV with limited installation requirements;
- In shipborne installations, COLUMBUS fulfilles the role of secondary search radar for large-medium combatant ships and of primary search radar for ship classes like corvettes and Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV);
- In addition, COLUMBUS provides reliable final approach and deck landing guidance for helo during day or night operations and in adverse weather conditions
- Simultaneous air short range and surface surveillance and tracking;
- Solid state technology for high reliability and availability;
- Digital pulse compression with fully coherent pulse doppler processing for clutter elimination;
- Frequency diversity-agility and PRF variation;
- Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) capability;
- Full BITE and monitoring capabilities;
- Lightweight antenna for installation in medium-small ships or on elevated coastal surveillance towers or on mobile ground systems;
- Ready to integration with IFF interrogator antenna;
- Electronic stabilization in naval applications;
- Very competitive acquisition, operation, maintenance and life-cycle costs.